Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Getting My Journaling On

It's October and it's almost unfathomable to think the holidays are almost upon us. Before we know it, we'll be saying good-bye to 2016.  I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself, nonetheless, for me 2016 will be memorable.  It marks the year faith art journaling would be introduced to me and take my private time with the Lord to an entirely new level .  

The moment I stumbled upon it while surfing through Instagram some time in January, I was all in!  Instantly I knew I'd love it!  Am I an artist?  Not really, well no ~  Do I know what I'm doing?  Not always ~  Do I have all of the fancy pens and supplies?  I've collected some over the last 10 months.  Do I Bible Journal every day?  No.  But, I'm absolutely changed by it.  

I never know what my pages are going to look like.  I just take out my supplies and fill in the blank page.  I enjoy just starting and seeing what happens.  Some pages I love, others are a work in progress, nevertheless, 
I fully enjoy the process. 

This following picture is a page I did while reading through the Illustrated Faith
I Am Strong Devotional Kit.  The devotional teaches "Kawa" is the Hebrew word for "wait" in Isaiah 40:31.  It means "entangled".  When I think of "entangled" I think of leaves and roots all connected, living and working together.  As I entangle myself in all that God is doing, then, even when prayers don't get answered on my time table, or changes come in unexpected ways,  or I find myself losing strength, I can be assured that I will not faint.  My hope still beats.  


As an extension to Faith Journaling, I've also been bit by the creative planning bug.  I picked up the Happy Planner at Hobby Lobby, and a few planner accessories.  It's fun, refreshing, and I look forward to the times I can just get away and create, plan and worship, all at the same time.  I don't complicate it or expect my creations to be perfect, I just take out a few supplies and stamps and let it roll.


When I first learned of faith journaling I asked a few girlfriends to jump in with me.  I was a little hesitant because I wondered if people would think I was a little odd.  "What would a grown woman be thinking, inviting other grown women to color in their bibles? Doesn't she have anything else better to do?"  I took the plunge anyway, despite my fear.  To my surprise, I did get some biters.  We have a small group that meets every other month.  We choose a verse, reflect on it, then take out the art supplies to color in our bibles,
as some would say.

We're all different, and certainly Bible Journaling and Creative Planning is not for everyone.  I completely understand and respect that.  If you, however, are a little curious, below I've included a small list of some of the online Faith Journalers that have inspired me.

A special thank you goes out to all the online Faith Journalers and Creative Planners that have inspired and filled my life with something I never knew I needed.  Make sure to check out my Pinterest Board to see more of my inspirers.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks again for visiting :)

A Little Encouragement ~

A Little Encouragement from Dr. Charles Stanley Scriptures Referenced: Philippians 4:6 -7 Psalm 16:7 - 8 Psalm 4:8 Psalm 27:1 Psalm 139:23 P...