Thursday, June 19, 2014

Getting My Crochet On


Being part of the Girl Scouts is one of my best childhood memories.  My mom enrolled me in a small group at a small church around the corner from our house.  Crochet was one of the crafts we were taught to earn our sewing badge.
I loved it from the start.


As an adult I decided to pick up the crochet hook again to make afghans for my newborns. Through the years I've made a few blankets for friends and family. Now that my kids are grown, I find myself crocheting more often than ever.  





 Creating something is great medicine for my soul.  It puts a smile on my face and a skip in my step.  


I've only made blankets and scarves.
I hope to learn how to crochet hats and fingerless gloves.


Here are some great You Tube channels that teach crochet.

The Crochet Geek

Meladora's Creations for Crochet

This following video is the one I used to learn the slanted shell stich.  I used this stich for several of the blankets shown above.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks again for visiting :)

A Little Encouragement ~

A Little Encouragement from Dr. Charles Stanley Scriptures Referenced: Philippians 4:6 -7 Psalm 16:7 - 8 Psalm 4:8 Psalm 27:1 Psalm 139:23 P...