Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What Do I Really Need?

Yesterday I forgot my coffee on the kitchen table,
on a Monday no less.  
You could just imagine my disappointment when I got to work.  My neighbor in the next classroom has a coffee maker with supplies,  she was absent.  I should have known that was just the beginning.  After several other unexpected hurdles, I found out I had to break plans with my OFF club (Official Friends Forever), or at least modify them.  Something came up. Then, today, well, I won't go into  details, but it proved to be just as steep.  


Days like these. . .
You want a do-over.
Why couldn't I have been more aware of what was coming?  

No such luck.
Honestly, no luck needed.

These are awkward, unwelcome and down-right frustrating opportunities.

Opportunities to see the grace of God in action.

When we mess up or things are messed up for us, our true nature comes spilling out, 
then God in His love and mercy raises our chin with his tender hands and says, "I love you".

I didn't need luck, I didn't need coffee, I didn't need a do-over
and I didn't need to know ahead of time what was coming.

 All I needed to know is that all I need is Jesus.



Psalm 46:10

"Be still and know that I am God."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks again for visiting :)

A Little Encouragement ~

A Little Encouragement from Dr. Charles Stanley Scriptures Referenced: Philippians 4:6 -7 Psalm 16:7 - 8 Psalm 4:8 Psalm 27:1 Psalm 139:23 P...