Tuesday, January 1, 2019

My One Little Word for 2019

Hello, 2019!

I remember when I was a little girl my siblings and I would do Math on road trips.  (Pre-technology days, obviously)  We'd calculate how old we would be in 20 to 30 years.  Our little minds could not fathom being that old.  Well, now we are that old and our little minds still cannot believe it.  

Do you remember Y2K?  In the latter '90s, the world was in a panic because the year 2000 was quickly approaching and the computer systems were not prepared to sustain it.  Here we are 19 years later.



We all wonder what the future will bring.  It's always a mystery, but one thing is certain, it will be different. If you're like me, the unknown is never exciting because you're not too keen on change.  I like to know where I'm going and what I can be expecting.  Preparation is my comfort zone. I guess that's the teacher in me.  But, as we all know, 
there are some things we can never prepare for. 


If I could describe 2018, I would say it was a year of unprecedented change.  Among the many changes, the most striking for me was when my dear friend, Johanna, was called to her heavenly home.  She was fully alive, fully healthy, fully vibrant, but 2018 had prepared a way for her that none of us could have prepared for.  Just like that, 
she was gone, and our world shifted.  

 In the midst of my wondering and processing, trying to catch my bearings, trying to find a place to land,  looking for something, anything, that could help me understand, 
I was reminded of the first time I had a conversation with God.

I was barely 6, sitting on the floor of my little bedroom.  My father was a pastor and He would preach about Jesus all the time.  So, I decided one day to call out to Jesus to see what would happen.  To my amazement, I felt His answer instantly.  My little bedroom was overcome with His presence.  I immediately understood that I was His and He was mine.  After that day I had many conversations with him sitting on the floor in that little bedroom.  Fast forward many years later, He still answers immediately when I call.  He still remains mine and I still remain His.  He still remains faithful and close.  
His love is still unconditional.  

This comforting memory helped me to realize that even though my world had changed, He hadn't.  He remains.  This is the anchor that keeps me, the rock I grab onto, 
the hope that moves me.



My One Little Word for 2018 is "remain".  John encourages us in His gospel to remain in Christ as His word remains in us.  He reminds us that as we remain in Christ, we will then bear fruit and whatever we ask in the name of Lord, it will be given to us. 



In 2019,  as the world will imminently change, may I remain in Christ as His word remains in me.  May I then bear fruit, surrender my plan and trust his for my prayers. 

As your world changes, I encourage you to remain in Him, study His word so that it will remain in You.  This will be the rock that anchors you in the midst of the shifting.  He will get you to the other side of pain, just hold on and don't let go.

Wishing you and your families blessings in this new year.

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14309893/?claim=rvzt9dcrjyn">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks again for visiting :)

A Little Encouragement ~

A Little Encouragement from Dr. Charles Stanley Scriptures Referenced: Philippians 4:6 -7 Psalm 16:7 - 8 Psalm 4:8 Psalm 27:1 Psalm 139:23 P...