Saturday, January 25, 2014

Listening

What a tough skill to teach, even more difficult to learn.

In my experience, students are more visually dependent than ever.
Years ago we could use dictation, oral directions, or notes on a board, and it did the job.
Times have changed.  Today we need document cameras, step by step visual directions, videos, sound systems, smart boards and many other multi-media resources to keep our students focused.

Attention spans are decreasing, and I find I'm not exempt.
If I'm not careful, I can find myself dozing off into my own little world.

But, God has not changed.
His word says:
Faith comes by hearing His Word.  Romans 10:17
Faith is the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1
If anyone hears His voice and opens the door, He will come in. Revelations 3:20
Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.  John 20:29

While we grow more and more distracted and visually driven,
God continues to call the same way He always has.

Draw our attention towards You.
Sharpen our ears to listen.
Open our hearts to believe.
Lead us to answer Your call,
Empower us to endure.
Today and always.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks again for visiting :)

A Little Encouragement ~

A Little Encouragement from Dr. Charles Stanley Scriptures Referenced: Philippians 4:6 -7 Psalm 16:7 - 8 Psalm 4:8 Psalm 27:1 Psalm 139:23 P...