Sunday, December 1, 2013

Ready or Not...


Last year, at this time, I remember thinking, "I can't believe it's Christmas already!"  And, here I go again...  It just seems as if time is flashing by quicker than I can catch up; 
ready or not.



It has often been said, we don't plan to fail, we fail to plan.  
So, this holiday season I have a plan.  

1) Simplifly ~ I wasn't given the gift of hospitality.  Although I enjoy entertaining, I don't particulary enjoy the nervous anticipation, the wish list, the menu dilemma, the major cleaning project, the party "shoulds", the DIY needs, invitations...  It all overwhelms me.  But, when I don't entertain, it just feels as if I'm not opening my house to fellowship and enjoy the people God has placed in our lives.  So, my plan is, K.I.S.Silly...  What can be done, gets done, what can't, won't.  And, enjoy the event.  

2) Prioritize~  Leaving my personal devotions for my spare time is not a good idea.  Leaving my gift giving for the last minute is not good either.  Randomly choosing what I will do next has proven to be a disaster.  Not that the list is set in stone, but having a road map will help us get to the places we really want to go.  Saying "no" or "yes" should be authentic, and done in love, for love, and because of love.  If we know that taking on one more task will take us to "frustration city", then a kind pass is the right thing to do.



3) Edify ~ Expecting mishaps, going with the flow, ready in season and out of season, and allowing room for a change in the schedule will help me stay joyful and at peace during busy times.  Sometimes our greatest disappointments have come because our reality did not match our imaginary vision of what should have been, could've been, would've been or couldn't have been.  I've learned that allowing changes to shape my course, and making it work, helps me to be more content.  Complaining doesn't help anyone or anything, it just adds more reason to be unhappy.  There are many things that are beyond our ability to fix, but we do have the power to control our responses. We should do so in a way that will honor the Lord, our families and ourselves.



My Holiday Prayer for Both You and Me

~ May this season of 2013 be like none other.  May the truth of God's amazing gift be ever present, driving and guiding us these next few weeks.  May we simplify, prioritize and edify.  And, may the miracle of his birth, the power of his resurrection, and the promise of His coming keep us in awe, in health, and hopeful this season and always.



Oh, and one more thing, may the joy of the Lord be our strength...


"Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel", which is translated, "God with us".  Matthew 1:23

Go in peace, God is with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks again for visiting :)

A Little Encouragement ~

A Little Encouragement from Dr. Charles Stanley Scriptures Referenced: Philippians 4:6 -7 Psalm 16:7 - 8 Psalm 4:8 Psalm 27:1 Psalm 139:23 P...